Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, business.telus.com and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
This is a full-time, renewable 1-year contract position.
Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
TELUS Digital is seeking a Senior Interaction Designer to create world-class experiences for our customers. The ideal candidate will demonstrate knowledge in both strategic and tactical elements of user-centred design. At a strategic level, you possess the relationship-building skills to communicate clear and consistent Web user experiences across an enterprise. At a tactical level, you demonstrate strength with interaction design fundamentals, including information architecture, content strategy, mapping flows / journeys and concepting.
- Applying user-centered design processes and industry best practices to design world class digital experiences for all screen sizes and types that holistically solve customer and business challenges
- Collaborating with a variety of disciplines to define problems and generate solutions
- Formulating recommendations and socializing those recommendations with senior leadership
- Crafting and leading exploratory design sessions, mapping workshops and other collaborative working sessions with team members and partner stakeholders
- Generating user interface sketches and wireframes, as well as helping to create prototypes to test and communicate ideas and solutions
- Facilitating discussions around your work and its iterations with your peers
- Leveraging your skills in interpretation of usability testing, user research, and web analytics to uncover insights and identify gaps
- Mentoring of junior and intermediate interaction designer(s)
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Experience as a senior interaction designer with a body of work that demonstrates your depth of skill, and ability to lead design in projects
- Ability to gracefully give and receive feedback
- Hyper-focused on delivering great customer experiences aligned to business outcomes
- Passionate about modern design practices and methodologies, but flexible enough to think outside the box when required
- Well-versed in lean digital product development lifecycles in a highly-collaborative, agile environment
- Well-versed in the interplay between business, technical and customer needs within the context of designing for the Web
- Highly detail oriented and organized, with exceptional analytical skills
- Able to communicate design rationale and build consensus
- Expert in user-centred design (UCD), information architecture (IA), interaction design (IxD), wireframing and prototyping
- Comfortable with industry standard design toolsets including Sketch, InVision, Google Suite… plus whiteboard, pen, paper and stickies!
- Solid understanding of Web accessibility best practices and an ability to create accessible products
About TELUS Digital
We’re looking for team members who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours in a central downtown location
- A welcoming, relaxed office with a casual dress code
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- Team lunches with a generous supply of healthy snacks
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team outing
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Check out labs.telus.com/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools.