Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, business.telus.com and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
This is a full-time, renewable 1-year contract position.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
We’re looking for a Business Systems Analyst, familiar with working in an Agile/ Lean environment to help us deliver digital experiences for new TELUS products and service launches to customers. You will be responsible for documenting and maintaining all requirements received from product owners, the development team and supporting teams. You will evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts of information, break down high-level information into details, and clarify details for the team to understand how to define an optimal solution for TELUS Customers. In addition, you will support the delivery team by facilitating the team’s delivery process, helping to manage work in progress limits and deliver improvements to productivity.
- Conduct business analysis
- Undertake QA testing and help streamline existing processes to improve efficiency
- Prepare data mapping and perform testing of applications.
- Develop in depth knowledge of applications and their interdependences.
- Demonstrate leadership and partnership skills by interacting with other technology teams within organization to solve problems and deliver solutions.
- Understand, document and interpret complex user requirements.
- Strong ability to translate business needs into business requirements, technical requirements and functional requirements
- Create and maintain accurate/detailed project documentation (i.e. Business Requirements Document (BRD), Use cases, etc)
- Experience with all stages of the Project Life Cycle including Requirement Gathering and Analysis, Testing, Deployment, Maintenance and Support.
- Experience in conducting and gathering requirements using various techniques such as interviews and JAD sessions with stakeholders, department heads and end users.
- Research/analyze/document current business policies, operations, data structures and application systems relative to projects
- Collaborate and maintain close relationships with product owners, IT, business units, stakeholders
- Active participation in creative and design sessions/workshops
- Manage product support bugs & enhancements as they arise; while assisting in the writing of user stories and grooming the backlog
- Accountable for project timelines, product quality and budget
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- 3 to 5 years’ experience or more in working and managing the execution of digital projects
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent customer service skills and able to maintain positive relationships with internal stakeholders
- Able to work successfully in a fast paced environment and respond to changing priorities
- Excellent written / verbal communication and presentation skills
- Conceptual understanding of everything digital, website infrastructures and processes
About TELUS Digital:
We want to work with people who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- View collaboration as essential to your work
- Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours in a central downtown location
- A welcoming, relaxed office with a casual dress code
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- Team lunches with a generous supply of healthy snacks
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team outing
TELUS is proud to foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to fair employment practices and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities, as required, during the recruitment process.
Check out labs.telus.com/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools.