Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, business.telus.com and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
This is a full-time, renewable 1-year contract position.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
You are an experienced, hands on technical solutions lead, who has led teams in shipping large-scale applications. You are a mentor and guiding voice for developers, who can balance day-to-day workload, with an eye for future improvements of your team and their work.
As a Solutions Consultant with TELUS Digital, you will be collaborating with internal and external project teams to design, build and operate the software applications which enable innovative, data-driven, customer centric digital experiences for TELUS customers.
You will be working as part of a friendly, cross-discipline agile team who helps each other solve problems across all functions. As a custodian of customer trust, you will employ best practice in development, security, accessibility and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our customers.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Challenge, mentor and guide the team to implement best practices on TELUS Digital and partner projects, including TELUS Rewards loyalty program
- Advocate the use of unit testing and test driven development to drive design and development
- Implement & Advocate accessibility best practices (We believe in an accessible web for everyone)
- Champion documentation and knowledge sharing
- Battle technical debt and avoid decision silos
- Lead technical team members in an agile environment (we like Scrum, Kanban)
- Evaluate technology choices and rapidly test solutions
- Providing guidance to the business on ideal technical approaches and investment
- Setting the technical vision for your team, and working with the technical leadership to define the roadmap for the applications that your team supports
- Work closely within your team and platform teams to solve architectural challenges
- Work with product owners to support translating business deliverables into technical outcomes
- Design scalable systems with performance and security in mind
- Identify and solve front-end development issues experienced by customers
- Adapt and influence the team to create the best outcome for not only the project but also for customers
- Work with Architects to define the roadmap and technical vision for our software platforms
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Experience in translating technical concepts and requirements for non-technical stakeholders
- Expert level knowledge of backend development (we use Node.js, PostgreSQL, Redis)
- Experience mentoring junior team members, overseeing code quality and evangelizing best practices
- Proven History of excelling in a team based collaborative environment
- Expert level knowledge of React and Redux
- Expert level knowledge of client-side testing best practices and tooling (we use Jest)
- Proven Experience designing and documenting APIs (we use Node.js, Express, OpenAPI Spec)
- Experience with securing applications to common security threats (OWASP Standards)
- Familiar with accessibility (WCAG 2) best practices
- Experience with Web/HTTP security controls (CORS, CSP, TLS, etc ...)
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining High Availability systems
- Experience in creating and socializing technology roadmaps
About TELUS Digital:
We want to work with people who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- View collaboration as essential to your work
- Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours in a central downtown location
- A welcoming, relaxed office with a casual dress code
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- Team lunches with a generous supply of healthy snacks
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team outing
Check out labs.telus.com/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
TELUS is proud to foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to fair employment practices and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities, as required, during the recruitment process.